Communications in the Troop
RSVP YES or NO !
How to find out what’s happening:
- Troop Leadership Committee (TLC) Meetings: These are open meetings held once a month on the Monday evening (7:00 pm) following a campout.
- Troop Emails– You will receive emails regarding meetings, activities and campouts from Troop 285 or Scoutbook.
- Patrol Communication: Each patrol leader will use the best method for his patrol. This may be an app, text, email or Scoutbook patrol forum. .
- Troop Facebook Page: Facebook.com/Boy-Scout-Troop-285-San-Antonio
- Troop website: www.Troop285.org
- Scout Lodge Bulletin Board – you find signup sheets for merit badges, camps and Board of Reviews. It is located in the back of the Scout Lodge, right side.
Other members of the Troop – When a scout has a question, he should always start by asking the Patrol Leader. The chain of command for communication and scout support is as follows:
It takes time for the scouts to gain confidence in developing the skills of asking and getting information. Help them to reach that goal. We want them to be able to advocate for themselves.