Welcome to Troop 285. New Scouts and their parents should read this guide in its entirety to assure a smooth transition into the troop. In this guide you will find:
- Valuable information about the expectations of the Troop
- Structure of the communications system and the flow of information
- How your son will advance in his scouting journey
- The many activities we get involved and a typical schedule of activities per year.
Reading and understanding the contents in this guide will make the Scouting experience much more meaningful for your Eagle Scout and for your family.
The policies in this guide are directed towards the following:
- Ensuring an organized program
- Helping the Scout to develop leadership skills.
- Helping each Scout to advance in rank.
- Developing Scout skills while having fun.
- Providing a basis for fair treatment of all involved.
The aims of the Scouting program are threefold:
- Growth in moral strength and character.
- Citizenship awareness and participation.
- Development of physical, mental and emotional fitness.
These aims are met through the rank advancement process. Advancement helps the Scout to gain self-confidence. The values of the Boy Scout program are based on the foundations of the Boy Scout Oath, Law and Motto.