Scoutbook is an advancement tracking tool that also has messaging and calendar features.
After registering with the Troop, you will receive an email from Scoutbook.
Important Steps to Get Started:
- Click on the link provided in the email and set up a username/password.
- Click on “My Account” and then “Edit Profile.”
- Ensure that all of your contact information is correct. Save.
- Add a cell phone number if not already there, and click on “Verify.” Follow the steps. Save.
- Click on your scout’s name, then “Edit Profile” and ensure that all contact info/school and grade info are correct. Save.
- Upload picture
- On the same page (Scouts Name, Edit Profile), at the bottom,
click on the link that says, “Invite Scout to Connect.” Enter the scout’s email
- This allows the scout to have access to track their own advancement.
Parents and Scouts have access to:
their own profiles
- View scout’s advancement, awards, etc. (in progress and completed)
- Mark items as “completed” on a certain date and post any notes about the item.
- Invite Merit Badge Counselors to connect to the scout for approval of merit badges
- Send messages to others through Scoutbook
- RSVP to events
Places to click and look around:
- My Dashboard – Unit, Scout, My Account
- My Account – Edit Profile, Adult Leadership positions, training, etc.
- Scout’s Advancement – Ranks and Merit Badges
- Scout’s Awards – All other awards (ex: Totin’ Chip, Cyber Chip, Religious Emblems, etc.)
- If you have questions, email Risa Alonso at firstname.lastname@example.org
These communication system are used with the best intentions to be effective and successful. All suggestions for improved communication are welcome.